Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The philosophical idea that value is a goal and virtue is the means is easily employable.




The old bromide that states "there's no accounting for taste" is actually an attempt at misdirection. You can account for your personal tastes in movies, people or anything else. Once you have understood the philosophical necessity that the things which you value are served and brought about by the virtues congruent to their achievement, you then can at once see the reason you are drawn to (have a taste for) certain activities instead of others.
With this knowledge, I have stopped buying into the idea that I don't know my own mind or my life's direction. I have stopped dissipating my hopes on values or goals which have no virtues to master but depend on chance or a welfare state for the pay out. I'm much happier and self assured as a result!

I am hoping that you my reader find this information useful. Leave a comment.

No comments: