Thursday, March 18, 2010

National Health Care you pay for by jurisdiction.

As long as I can't be forced to join a national health care plan, or pay for it fine. Majority rule is a bit like "2 wolves and a sheep deciding what's for lunch". I am not going to live forever. In time I will loose biological viability as a life form. Constitutionally, there is an apportioned tax on income. The 16th amendment allows for non-apportionment in these regards, and without regards to the origin of the income (your wages for instance). So, the old age and disability government insurance program (Social Security) is a non-apportioned tax assessed on your wages as though your wage was a corporate profit (unless you are an Old Order Amish, then your exempt because the Amish rely on the "providence of deity" for such things as old age and disability, and they don't make contracts with Federally entangled agencies such as banks, phone companies, the insurance industry, etc,etc.). The Supreme court granted them this exemption, but it did so to protect it's mandate that the wrest of us must pay. The problem with force backed compliance with respect to who will be covered and who will pay is more than a geriatric consideration or related to some terminal course of disease we will all eventually succumb to. It is a problem of Jurisdiction for the courts ruling on such measures. In the case of "Valentine Byler" and his Amish kinfolk, there was no jurisdiction. I have the knowledge and the inclination to opt out. I reason Government is not responsible for my well being as some type of entitlement, only for providing an environment where I can earn my way without threat, duress or coercion. Well being is a philosophical choice like philanthropy based in means (knowledge is more valuable than money here), inclination and volition. Right now, Duty has no part in this. If I get sick, it may be that I will go to the Veterans Administration Hospital for help, as I have served during the Lebanon Crisis. Presently, I will try to be responsible for my health.

No comments: